The NGO Development Center (NDC), with funding from the Agence Française de Développement (AFD – French Agency for Development), announces the availability of funding to Palestinian civil society organisations (CSOs) in Jerusalem through a call for proposals under the AJIR programme.
Designed with the overarching goal of contributing to the full emancipation of Palestinian youth, this call for proposals is dedicated to funding:
- large infrastructure investments developed by CSOs targeting education, culture and youth-related needs and aims at improving education and cultural services provided to youth. Duration of the selected projects shall not exceed 2 years. The call for proposals aims at providing funding to finance construction or renovation works in order to remove material constraints which prevent the development of quality education and cultural provisions and infrastructures (lack of classrooms, poor premises conditions, etc.).
- small service-based initiatives developed by CSOs addressing the needs of vulnerable populations through improved social, legal, cultural and education services. It will aim at promoting service-based initiatives (legal assistance, capacity building, delivery of social services, community cohesion, gender empowerment, etc.) to vulnerable groups in East Jerusalem. The duration of the selected projects cannot exceed 2 years.
CSOs have to apply individually to receive grants under this call for proposal. Each CSO is allowed to submit only one project proposal.
The following eligibility criteria shall be fully satisfied:
- CSO is a Palestinian, non-governmental, non-profit organization or a faith-based organization that provides social services to the public;
- CSO has been registered for at least three years under the competent authority by the date of submission of the proposal and is able to provide evidence of legal registration;
- CSO must have a local operating office in East Jerusalem for at least one year;
- The project activities target East Jerusalem;
- Project duration cannot exceed 2 years;
- Projects shall not involve economic and population displacement;
For large infrastructure investments projects:
- The funding ceiling per project is EUR 500,000 while the minimum threshold is EUR100,000;
- The project budget per year shall not represent more than seventy percent of the CSO annual resources over the last three accounting periods;
- For construction and infrastructure works, projects must have received (at the time of submission of the proposal) all necessary approvals from the competent authorities (as applicable).
For small service-based initiatives:
- The funding ceiling per project is EUR 100,000 while the minimum threshold is EUR 50,000;
- The project budget per year shall not represent more than a third of the CSO annual resources over the last three accounting periods.
Kindly review the “Guidelines for Submission” for more information on the eligibility criteria and submission requirements. CSOs interested in applying may pick up the proposal package from NDC office at the address indicated below or may request to receive the proposal package by sending an email to: [email protected]
Submission Date: The proposals shall be submitted in hard and soft copies to NDC’s office. The deadline for submission is Monday, December 13, 2021 at 2:00 pm. Proposal submitted via fax or email will not be accepted.
NDC Main Office:
Abu Sbeih Building
Ramallah- Jerusalem Road/ Al Ram
Tel: 02-2347771 Fax: 02- 2347776
Working hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (Monday through Thursday and Saturday)
 East Jerusalem : as defined under Geographic Scope of Intervention