Established by the NGO Development Center (NDC), the Palestinian NGO Portal (Masader) is the first and unprecedented NGO Portal in Palestine and in the Arab world. Masader specializes in serving and empowering the NGO sector in terms of assisting NGOs in overcoming geographic limitations and providing them with opportunities for communicating amongst each other and among other relevant parties. Through Masader, member NGOs are able to publish and exchange their achievements (e.g. projects, studies, researches, proposals, administrative and financial reports, etc.). On another level, Masader provides donors, whether individuals or institutions, with the needed information in making funding decisions. Moreover, Masader exists as a current and concise resource for governmental, private, academic, and media institutions; assisting them to operate with a higher level of accuracy and professionalism.
- Coordinating, participating, and exchanging information within the NGOs sector, across sectors and across geographic locations.
- Establishing an electronic database to include the most comprehensive, updated, and vital information on the NGOs sector.
- Presenting technology in a simplified language so as to ensure the Portal’s optimum use by NGOs without the need to acquire any technical specialty towards accomplishing their objectives.
- Enhancing the application of positive values and best practices within the NGOs sector.
- Offering a liberal and open platform for constructive discussion and dialogue regarding NGOs sector related issues, including internal and developmental policies.