Job Title: Projects Officer
Location: Al-Ram / Jerusalem
Closing Date: Thursday, October 7, 2021
The NGO Development Center (NDC) is a non-profit Palestinian organization whose main function is to empower non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to respond to the needs of the poor and marginalized. NDC provides a distinctive combination of direct grants to NGOs, to help them perform with improved quality and outcomes, while increasing access to services by the most vulnerable.
NDC is currently seeking a dynamic Projects Officer with excellent conceptual, analytical and organizational skills for its main office in Al-Ram. The Projects Officer will be responsible for a portfolio of projects, mainly in Jerusalem. The Projects Officer reports to the NDC Director.
- Prepares the grants program work plan, monitors progress and reports periodically on outcomes.
- Communicates the grant-making application process to the community and NGOs including the eligibility criteria and guidelines.
- Conducts the required assessments and appraisals of grant applications submitted to NDC for funding and makes recommendations.
- Plans & follows up the execution of grants activities/ sub-projects, including planning, sub-grant design, competition, (including preparation of guidelines and application forms), due diligence, negotiations, preparation of sub-grant award documents, administration, monitoring and close out;
- Regularly monitors grants implementation and ensures adherence to work plans and budgets, communicates with, and coaches sub-grantees to ensure smooth implementation and compliance;
- Conducts regular assessments of the NGOs capacities and prepares customized capacity development plans.
- Ensures the implementation of all related capacity building activities and plans of the recipient NGOs.
- Prepares TORs for consultants, and monitors consultant’s work and quality of deliverables.
- Prepares periodic reports on the progress of the project & sub-project
- Performs any other related task as required by the NDC Director.
- Bachelor degree in social science, development, public or business administration, economics, engineering, or any relevant field.
- At least five years of experience in related functions.
- Good knowledge of the NGO sector.
- Experience in project cycle management, monitoring and evaluation and procurement procedures.
- Excellent communication, reporting and analytical skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Very good command of English and Arabic languages.
- Valid Jerusalem driving license.
How to apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their CV with a motivation letter to [email protected] , no later than Thursday, October 7, 2021.
Only candidates with confirmed access to Jerusalem can be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.