Invitation to submit Project Proposals: AJIR – Action for East Jerusalem’s Identity and Resilience
2nd CALL FOR PROPOSALS: Service-Based Initiatives
The NGO Development Center (NDC), with funding from the Agence Française de Développement (AFD – French Agency for Development), announces the availability of funding to Palestinian civil society organisations (CSOs) through a call for proposals under AJIR programme.
The call for proposals is dedicated to funding small service-based initiatives developed by CSOs addressing the needs of vulnerable populations through improved social, legal, cultural and education services. It will aim at promoting service-based initiatives (legal assistance, capacity building, delivery of social services, community cohesion, gender empowerment, etc.) to vulnerable groups in East Jerusalem. The duration of the selected projects is expected to be up to 2 years.
CSOs have to apply individually to receive grants under this call for proposal. Each CSO is allowed to submit only one project proposal. The following eligibility criteria shall be satisfied in full:
- CSO is a Palestinian, non-governmental, non-profit organization or a faith-based organization that provides social services to the public;
- CSO has been registered for at least three years under the competent authority by the date of submission of the proposal and is able to provide evidence of legal registration;
- CSO must have a local operating office in East Jerusalem;
- The project activities target East Jerusalem;
- Project duration cannot exceed 2 years;
- The funding ceiling per project is EUR 100,000 while the minimum threshold is EUR 50,000;
- The project budget per year shall not represent more than a third of the CSO annual resources over the last three accounting periods;
- Projects shall not involve economic and population displacement;
- For construction and infrastructure works, projects must have received (at the time of submission of the proposal) all necessary approvals from the competent authorities (as applicable).
Kindly review the “Guidelines for Submission” for more information on the eligibility criteria and submission requirements. CSOs interested in applying may pick up the proposal package from NDC office at the address indicated below or may request to receive the proposal package by sending an email to: [email protected]
Submission Date: The proposals shall be submitted in hard and soft copies to NDC’s office. The deadline for submission is Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 2:00 pm. Proposal submitted via fax or email will not be accepted.
NDC Main Office:
Abu Sbeih Building
Ramallah- Jerusalem Road/ Al Ram
Tel : 02-2347771 Fax: 02- 2347776
Working hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (Monday through Thursday and Saturday)
CSOs that received grants under AJIR programme from the 1st Call for proposals “Large Investments for Education & Culture” may not apply to this 2nd Call for proposals.